Company’s expansion offers unrivalled services, expertise and sector knowledge for clients
One of the UK’s best-known journalists specialising in healthcare IT has joined the Highland Marketing team. Sarah Bruce was senior reporter on the widely-read eHealth Insider and also presented EHI TV, which broadcasts interviews with leading industry figures. She has excellent media knowledge, plus extensive industry links and a close understanding of the issues affecting healthcare.
Sarah, who has worked for the BBC’s Crimewatch and Watchdog programmes as well as national magazines and regional newspapers, has extensive expertise in digital media. She has also played a key role in the promotion and organisation of major events and conferences – principally the annual EHI Live.
As a member of the Highland Marketing team, Sarah’s role will be to help provide the most effective and comprehensive set of services available to healthcare IT clients. This includes supplying news stories and features to national and international media of all kinds including newspapers, magazines, web publications, TV and radio. She will also help them use digital and social media to communicate directly with existing and potential customers.
Sarah said: “Having worked closely with many healthcare IT companies I know how much they have to offer and also understand the challenges they face. The current economic situation is creating difficulties, but opportunities are opening up as well. Right now it is important for suppliers to make the most of traditional, and new, marketing channels in order to win business.
“I decided to join Highland Marketing because I was always very impressed with the quality of their work and their effectiveness in winning excellent coverage for their clients. Having a good knowledge of the sector, I was also very impressed with the quality of clients they represent.”
During her first week with the company, Sarah joined Highland Marketing CEO Mark Venables and Client Services Director Susan Venables at the eHealth Week event in Budapest.
Mark said: “We only recruit staff of the highest calibre with a proven track record of excellence, and Sarah is among the best-known and most respected journalists in her field. Her broad range of skills will be of tremendous benefit to Highland Marketing and its clients.
“Right now we are undergoing significant expansion, and have made a series of key appointments. The result is that Highland Marketing offers a full suite of marketing services, plus an unrivalled knowledge of the healthcare IT sector in the UK and overseas.”
- Sarah studied for a degree in multimedia journalism from Bournemouth University before joining The Daily Echo, and was also a researcher with the BBC. She came to prominence in the world of healthcare after joining EHI in early 2009.
- Sarah has a keen interest in current affairs, is an avid reader, and has travelled widely.
About Highland Marketing
- Founded in 2002, Highland Marketing is a leader in tailor-made and flexible PR, marketing and communications solutions for the healthcare IT industry with CSC, IMS MAXIMS, Carefx, Ardentia, IBM, Clinical Solutions and Dell amongst its clients
- It operates in the UK and internationally and has in-depth knowledge of the healthcare market
- The company has a dedicated team of skilled and experienced people all with a minimum of 10 years experience within their field
- It also offers customised business development support geared to help grow client sales
- For further information contact Mark Venables on +44 (0) 7973 172894 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.highland-marketing.com