Highland Marketing is to present its views on what the future holds for the NHS at Binley’s upcoming healthcare marketing event.
Marketing leads from healthcare suppliers will learn how they can adapt their marketing activities to meet the changing needs of the health service at ‘A surround-sound approach to NHS marketing’, being held in Birmingham in April 2015.
Highland Marketing founder Mark Venables and Senior communications manager Rob Benson will also outline what makes for good healthcare marketing communication in the first session of the day.
Other healthcare marketing companies will also be sharing their thoughts on taking an integrated approach to marketing to a cash strapped NHS.
With a passion for creative ideas and their practical application, Rob is committed to delivering excellence for his clients through a full understanding of their needs and aspirations.
He has worked across technical and communication roles with organisations including BT and the Department of Health, and has run his own marketing consultancy business. His healthcare experience covers web and knowledge management for a primary care trust and commissioning support unit, and includes digital consultancy for the national end of life care workstream.
In addition, his other core skills include marketing and communications, business planning, copywriting, training, social media, and market research.
“Healthcare depends on excellent intelligence and effective communication. Great ideas and sensible advice can get lost if they are not presented in the right way, and are reaching the right people.
“This is where marketing concepts and practices can help. Shaping services to meet people’s needs and aspirations is core to both healthcare and marketing professions. Bringing the two together can have a positive impact on everyone’s experience, and it is a privilege to work with colleagues and clients who deliver this in a dynamic and exciting field.”
A little bit about Rob:
- Yorkshire born Rob combines a love of rugby, cricket and golf with an active interest in real ale and TV detective shows.
- Currently living in Birmingham, Rob is a father, stepfather and grandfather, and spends most of the year saving up for birthdays and Christmas.
- Other interests including reading, walking, art and travel.
Latest posts by Rob Benson (see all)
- UK Health Show brings it all together for future NHS - 30th September 2016
- Wachter Review: Questions remain for digital health in England - 9th September 2016
- Reasons to be cheerful: Andy Kinnear on UK digital health - 22nd April 2016
- Carter Report calls on health technology to help save NHS billions - 5th February 2016
- 2015: Highland Marketing’s review of the year - 18th December 2015
Want more articles like this one?
HM blog posts, tips and advice